Trucking companies are business that offer services to anyone in need of a large vehicle but doesn’t have one. You might be moving houses or offices, or you have a large container that you want to move, trucking companies can call on their drivers to have these things easily transported for you. These companies usually have all the trucks that you might need, may it be trucks that are mainly used for transporting big, heavy cargo, tractors that are used for agriculture and road construction, or trailers that has enclosed storage spaces at their rears that are commonly used by small businesses for a much safer transportation of their goods. The thing is: trucks come in various different sizes and capabilities that are perfect for specific types of tasks, and there are some best trucking companies in Canada that provide these kinds of services. Depends on your requirements, the companies can almost handle everything you will demand.
There are different types of trucks you have to be informed of so you will know what type of vehicle you would like to borrow from one of these Canadian trucking companies, the following are the most common types:
- Trucks – these things differ in design, sizes, and ability. They can come as regular family vehicles, or as large, intimidating mode of transport that could carry thousands of pounds of heavy stuff. There are flatbed trucks, tow trucks, pickup trucks, and more of the same classification. An 18-wheeler truck can carry up to a legal weight of 80,000 pounds.
- Trailers – trailer trucks are named like this because of a quite discerning feature they possess, and that are the trailers attached to their back that can be taken off and removed whenever desired and are usually being towed for transportation. These things also comes different sizes, and they are commonly used by small businesses for the day-to-day deliveries of goods and items that are best confined in the enclosed space of a trailer. Carrying capacity of trailers can be tricky though, make sure that you know the trick so as to avoid bad events happening.
- Tractors – these vehicles can be recognized easily because they are the only vehicles ever invented that are designed to be slow with extremely large and thick wheels. These are mostly used by construction companies for destroying and hauling tough surfaces and by agricultural factions for pulling and pushing machinery needed for different farm activities.
Now that you know the types of trucks that might suit your heavy concerns, we can go on to the next stage which is what things to consider when choosing a trucking company to hire:
- Rates/Prices – to get back what you spent, I recommend looking for a company that’s been in the business long enough because they tend to really know what to do and what they’re doing. So there’s no wastage of money there. Also, don’t forget to ask for discounts and promos, particularly if you’re asking for a large shipment.
- Expertise/Experience – with this factor, there are little to no risk of any errors being committed while the company is handling your items. They have years of experiences with errors and know how to avoid and face these things properly without inconveniencing you.
- Quality of services – when searching for the top trucking companies, they have to have a very good reputation when it comes to their services. A sign that a trucking company is good is how many services they are offering, how sound-looking their fleet are, and how large their manpower is for a better client interaction.
- Insurances/Licenses – all trucking companies in Canada have certain legal requirements they have to meet and insurances to obtain for them to be able to operate freight services to the public. Make sure the company you are considering have complied with these things, especially if the goods you want for them to handle can be considered hazardous, there are specific credentials they have to possess to be able to carry such things.
- Tracking Technologies – you have to know where your items are and when they’re going to arrive in their destination. Look for a trucking company that offers this feature for you to be able to know the location of your goods in real-time.
BEST TRUCKING COMPANIES IN CANADA
- Canada Cartage
This company is in the top of our list of best trucking companies because of how reputable they are in their services. You can check their website https://www.canadacartage.com/ and see for yourself how many awards they’ve collected over the years of delivering impeccable services. They’ve also been in the business for a very long time, starting small back in 1914 and now considered one of the biggest truck companies in Canada.
- Fleet management
- Warehousing and transportation management
- Home delivery and specialty services
- On-demand call cartage
- Canadian National Transportation
This trucking company started operating in the early 1830s. So old, and yet still in the business, but like they proclaim to be, they are the best-performing transportation and logistics company. They are so diverse and broad in their services that it’s hard to believe that they are a trucking company, but they are, they are very good at what they are doing.
Go to their website http://www.cn.ca/ for a more detailed service outline.
- Trucking (door-to-door, import and export dray, interline services, specialized services)
- Supply chain services
- Business development
- Maps and network
- Day & Ross
Began operating 65 years ago with only one truck to start with, and now they have over 3,800 truck vehicles and 39 terminals all over Canada, and more than 2,000 employees. They are a trusted trucking company by many Canadian firms because of the almost perfect services they give and are one of the largest transportation and logistics providers in the country. They also extend their services to United States and Mexico. Here’s the link to their website for more information https://www.dayross.com.
- Less-than-Truckload (LTL) shipment services
- Truckload (TL) shipment services
- S. LTL and TL shipment services
- Temperature controlled shipment services
- Specialized services
- Flatbed services
- Siemens Transportation Group Inc.
This trucking company is a family-owned business that started in 1962. It has multiple awards now and is currently thriving with more than 2,600 of trucking equipment, 1,500 employees, and 7 companies. Their equipments are up-to-date and they have some really advanced technology that are great for tracking your goods’ location and well-being. They too have so many programs that don’t only support their trucking business, but also everyone and everything are covered by these. To see these programs they offer and the trucking services they can provide for you, you can check out their website https://www.siemenstransport.com/
- Full Truckload services
- Less Than Truckload services
- Flat Deck Truckload services
- Heavy Haul services (from 5 axle to 13 axle configurations)
- Logistics, Transportation Management and Warehousing Solutions services
- Fleet services (full maintenance services)
- UPS Canada
This is a multi-billion-dollar corporation that started way back in 1907 and was officially established in Canada on February of 1975. They have over 2,000 point of access in Canada, more than 12,000 employees, and have a delivery fleet of over 2,900 in this location alone. This company has received multiple awards when it comes to its exemplary technology, and is recognized internationally by its services. You can go to their websites for more information https://www.ups.com/ca/en/Home.page?
- International Trade
- Contract Logistics
- Integrating UPS Technology
- “By size” services
- “By industry” services
CONCLUSION ABOUT THIS BLOG:
Finding the leading trucking companies in Canada is not that hard what with the Internet and how willing the companies are nowadays to be transparent with their accomplishments and services. Whatever your needs and concerns may be there are always solutions. Trucking companies are such solutions to our problems of transporting things that regular vehicles wouldn’t be able to carry out and handle. These companies helped other companies to grow and expand by delivering the best results and making sure that everything is in top-of-the-line condition when it comes to their clients. So now that you know all these things, pluck the courage to ask about the service you want to avail.