Are you looking for a storage room for your business? Are you in need of additional space capacity for your items? Is this your first time looking for storage options? Or are you planning to expand the storage space you have? Whatever your reason is, knowing the best storage option can be crucial to a smooth-running logistics process. Therefore, we are here to help you understand the storage options and find the best storage for your business.
Storage containers and trailers have a wide range of purposes that can cater to your specific needs. Both storage options cover all of your short and long term storage needs. In this article, we are going to discuss the two common storage, storage container, and storage trailers. While these two storages are great for rentals options, there are a few benefits to each.
What is a Storage Container?
Storage containers serve a different function as compared to storage trailers. Typically, they are at ground level, and they mainly functioned as shipping containers. Besides, this storage is originally made for ocean freight services. They were designed to be used as a stack room for optimal storage purposes with low maintenance through different climate changes. A storage container is transferred to its location using a flatbed truck or tilt bed, not with wheels, unlike a trailer. If you are looking and in need of more than one unit of storage, a storage container is the best for you. Also, if you need low maintenance, stackable, and ground-level access for a more extended stay, the container is a better option.
Some Facts About Storage Containers
If you are still unsure whether to choose storage containers, you may consider the following facts. The following points are further details about the specific function of storage containers and their features.
- When it comes to the cost, renting these containers is a mere quarter of the trailer storage’s cost.
- Storage containers provide more protection against natural disasters and human-made events.
- Containers are mainly used for cargos that require ocean transits.
- Containers give a more secure transport environment during the transport process.
- Storage containers are more readily available as compared to storage trailers.
- This container storage is an ideal option for ground-level storage as it permits easy access to the goods and items within the container. You don’t have to use a ladder or ramp.
- Storage containers require a flatbed or bed truck to be moved. They don’t have wheels.
- If you require more than a single unit of storage, containers are the best option.
- Storage containers are good at space-saving as they were initially meant to stack and load cargo to save needed space.
- If you prefer an easy-to-maintain container that is also stackable, go for a storage container.
- Containers only need very low maintenance. You only have to check the roof to make sure there is no water storing on top. You also need to put oil on its doors.
What is a Storage Trailer?
If you are planning to rent a trailer for your business, there are some details to keep in mind to help you decide if it suits your needs. Unlike storage containers, storage trailers are at dock level and moveable. So if you are transporting your products from warehouse to warehouse and need a loading dock, trailer storage is the best option. Besides, having your storage movable and at the proper level can save you time and energy.
When it comes to the size, the width of a storage trailer unit is wider than a storage container. The size of storage matters if you store your products on pallets and need space capacity. Also, when it comes to loading and unloading, it is much more comfortable with a storage trailer. Trailers are also good at working as either a short-term or long-term storage solution. They offer the benefit of accessibility and transferability. A storage trailer is the right one for you if you need a warehouse-friendly, mobile way of storing your items.
If ever your business needs storage, RoadLinx is here to offer you the best storage solution for your business.
Some Facts About Storage Trailers
You may look at the following facts and features of trailers below if you are still undecided about whether to rent storage trailers or not.
- Generally, storage trailers are wider in size as compared to storage containers.
- Storage trailers typically measure 8 feet, 6 inches wide.
- Since a trailer has a wider size, it allows pallets to fit within its interior easily.
- If you are looking for a broader transport solution for your business, storage trailers are ideal.
- Trailers have axles and wheels that make them easy to move.
- These storage trailers require a high level of maintenance as compared to containers.
- Loading and unloading of items is more convenient with storage trailers.
- Storage trailers provide easy transferability and accessibility.
- If you are looking for an ideal way to store your items in a mobile manner, trailers are the right option.
All in all, before you decide what’s the best storage option for you, it is crucial to know your storage preferences and requirements. Also, it would be best if you familiarize yourself first with the difference between container and trailer storage. If you need storage trailers, RoadLinx is here to provide you with the best storage service. To get our storage services, you may call us at 905-760-1141 or send us an email at email@example.com.